PINE (Pluralism in Economics) is a student-driven initiative at Maastricht University that wants to foster debate about pluralist economics and improve the economics curriculum in order to include a plurality of perspectives. We are working at University College Maastricht (UCM), a Liberal Arts College in the center of Maastricht.
What we do:
- Assessment of the current curriculum.
- Organizing Events.
- Guest lectures
- Discussions and Debates
- Reading Circles
- Organizing the PINE Conference.
Check our upcoming events at the bottom of the page!
4 Arguments for Pluralism
- Epistemology: Economics is a social science and social sciences need a pluralistic approach.
- Complexity: Complex realities cannot be grasped by only one theory.
- Learning: Being academic means being a pluralist.
- Liberal Arts: Critical thinking is vital to Liberal Arts and there is an inherent link between critical thinking and pluralism.
Left: Laura, Cara, Jonas, Marla, Maxine, Max, Franca, Maurice, Hannah, Jonas (missing: Paulina, Martin, Enrico)