PINE UCM is a student-driven initiative at Maastricht University that wants to foster debate about pluralist economics and improve the economics curriculum in order to include a plurality of perspectives. We are working at University College Maastricht, a Liberal Arts College in the centre of Maastricht.
What we do:
- Assessment of the current curriculum.
- Organizing Events.
- Guest lectures
- Discussions (Let’s talk about…)
- Reading Circles
- Organizing the PINE Conference.
Check our upcoming events at the bottom of the page!
4 Arguments for Pluralism
- Epistemology: Economics is a social science and social sciences need a pluralistic approach.
- Complexity: Complex realities cannot be grasped by only one theory.
- Learning: Being academic means being a pluralist.
- Liberal Arts: Critical thinking is vital to Liberal Arts and there is a inherent link between critical thinking and pluralism.
From left to right: Maxine, Paula, Isa, Jonas, Marla, Max & Simon (missing: Franca, Maurice, Jonas & Rebecca)